The Library is located at IAC Central Headquarters and is open 24 hours a day to IAC personnel and authorized visitors.
Working hours of Library staff:
- From 8:00 to 16:30 (October to June)
- From 8:00 to 14:30 (July to September)
Collection: The specialized collection in Astrophysics and related sciences contains:
- Over 13,000 books (monographs, conference proceedings, reports, etc.)
- 360 journals (230 current)
- Observatory and astronomical institution publications
The IAC Library has its own book classification system (pdf).
- Chief Librarian: Monique Gómez (ext. 5248)
- Assistant Librarian: Antonio Bacallado (ext. 5250)
- Administrative Support: Eulalia Alsina (ext. 5422)
Library Committee: Oversees the expenditure on bibliography, assesses bibliographical acquisitions and supervises Library activities, proposing changes and improvements.
- President: Jorge Sánchez (Research)
- Members: Casiana Muñoz-Tuñón (Research) and Panchi Gómez (Instrumentation)
- Secretary: Monique Gómez (Library)
Internal Services (IAC personnel and authorized visitors)
See also: services for Librarians.
- IAC personnel shall introduce to the Library staff those new users for whom they are responsible
- Before taking a book out on loan, the card shall be filled in and left in the box in front of the Library office.
- Returned books shall be handed directly to Library staff.
- Library staff shall be informed when a loaned book is given to another user.
- When a user intends to be absent from the IAC for more than two months, he or she shall return all loaned books to the Library.
- When Library staff recall a book, it shall be returned to the Library within 24 hours.
- Calls for Library controls of loans shall be answered within the stated time.
- Books shall be returned to their allotted places after being consulted.
- Journals may not be removed from the Library precinct.