This Annual Report documents the impressive breadth and vitality of the research that is being carried out at the two sites of the Astrophysical Observatories in the Canaries.
The Science Communication and Culture Unit (UC3) is responsible for the outreach publications and material of the IAC. It seeks in this way to keep citizens informed of the various activities that the IAC organizes and to bring them closer to the fascinating science of Astronomy.
The IAC publishes regularly:
- Popular magazines (Paralajes,...).
- Memoria and reports.
- A Blog "Vía Láctea, S / N" and Social Networks.
- Factsheets and brochures about the facilities of the Canary Islands Observatories and scientific, technological, educational and outreach activities.
- Posters and graphic supports (displays, roll-ups, banners,...) announcing scientific meetings (congreses, winter schools,...) and other outreach events.
- Prints of astronomical images and installations.
- Astronomical calendars.
- Own production books & didactic units.
Annual report CCI 2017Date
Annual report CCI 2016
The second half of this decade is proving to be one of the most exciting periods in the history of Astronomy in the Canary Islands.Date
PARALAJES Lights of the Universe
In 2015 we celebrated the International Year of Light, which is the "messenger" of astrophysical phenomena, and it was also the 30th anniversary of the official inauguration of the Headquarters of theDate
PARALAJES Tsunami STARMUS 2014
Special supplement dedicated to the great science outreach event, the second STARMUS festival, which was celebrated in September 2014 with the collaboration of the IAC and of the Gran TelescopioDate