The aim of this project is the development of graphical sequences for 360 degree/hemispheric FULLDOME digital projectors recorded at the Canary Islands Observatories (Roque de los Muchachos Observatory in La Palma and Teide Observatory in Tenerife). The IAC authorizes use of this material for non-commercial outreach purposes. Videos now available
Continuously, the IAC launches projects and outreach activities aimed at the educational community and / or the general public to stimulate social interest in the stars, with a gender perspective and integrating disability as much as possible. Among them:
- Courses, conferences and workshops.
- Projects with robotic telescopes.
- Coordination and design of exhibitions.
- Campaigns for monitoring and public observation of astronomical events.
- Presence in fairs and weeks of Science and Innovation.
- Special events for certain groups (mass media ...)
- Transversal projects, which combine astronomy with other disciplines and subjects.
FULLDOMEMARIA CARMEN PUERTO VARELA
The LPIYA Group gathers communicators and representatives from every institution present at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory (ORM), with the objective of organising and coordinating public outreach activities related to the celebration of the International Year of Astronomy 2009 and Beyond, mainly on the island of La Palma (Canary Islands,Alfredo RafaelRosenberg González
Cosmoeduca is an education project from the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) aimed at teachers in Secondary and Bachillerato schools across Spain. Its main aim is to aid the teaching of Astronomy by providing support to teachers on Astronomy-related subjects in school curriculums and developing teaching materials. Cosmoeduca aims toM ConcepcionAnguita Fontecha