Continuously, the IAC launches projects and outreach activities aimed at the educational community and / or the general public to stimulate social interest in the stars, with a gender perspective and integrating disability as much as possible. Among them:
- Courses, conferences and workshops.
- Projects with robotic telescopes.
- Coordination and design of exhibitions.
- Campaigns for monitoring and public observation of astronomical events.
- Presence in fairs and weeks of Science and Innovation.
- Special events for certain groups (mass media ...)
- Transversal projects, which combine astronomy with other disciplines and subjects.
CANARIAS INNOVA was born on the 2nd July 2000 as a weekly radio programme on science and technology for the Canaries.CANARIAS INNOVA is a joint initiative by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) and Radio Nacional de España en Canarias (RNE). It has now been broadcast for more than six years and has given rise to many spin-off initiativesJESUS BURGOS MARTIN
Cosmocolor is an exhibition which has selected some of the best pics of the sky obtained by amateur astronomers who participated in "Fotocósmica 2004", a competition organized by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) to create the Astronomical Image Bank (BIA). Amateur astronomers have a large number of very valuable and high qualityMARIA CARMEN PUERTO VARELA
The Government of the Canary Islands is immersed in the execution of the Septenio programme, launched last year. In 2009, it joined the initiative of the International Astronomical Union, which declared it the International Year of Astronomy, and which the Canary Islands adopt by celebrating the Year of Heaven within the framework of the SepteniumMARIA CARMEN PUERTO VARELA