Continuously, the IAC launches projects and outreach activities aimed at the educational community and / or the general public to stimulate social interest in the stars, with a gender perspective and integrating disability as much as possible. Among them:
- Courses, conferences and workshops.
- Projects with robotic telescopes.
- Coordination and design of exhibitions.
- Campaigns for monitoring and public observation of astronomical events.
- Presence in fairs and weeks of Science and Innovation.
- Special events for certain groups (mass media ...)
- Transversal projects, which combine astronomy with other disciplines and subjects.
Talk to Them: Women in Astronomy
What is it? It is an IAC initiative that aims to make visible the work of women in Astronomy-Astrophysics, while offering girls inspiring models to promote their scientific and technological vocations. It consists of videoconferences with educational centres by women astrophysicists and engineers who work at the IAC and at other institutionsNayraRodríguez Eugenio