The most recent edition of "Paralajes" magazine, of the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) deals with the role of women in astronomy, picking out important figures in the history of this
The Science Communication and Culture Unit (UC3) is responsible for the outreach publications and material of the IAC. It seeks in this way to keep citizens informed of the various activities that the IAC organizes and to bring them closer to the fascinating science of Astronomy.
The IAC publishes regularly:
- Popular magazines (Paralajes,...).
- Memoria and reports.
- A Blog "Vía Láctea, S / N" and Social Networks.
- Factsheets and brochures about the facilities of the Canary Islands Observatories and scientific, technological, educational and outreach activities.
- Posters and graphic supports (displays, roll-ups, banners,...) announcing scientific meetings (congreses, winter schools,...) and other outreach events.
- Prints of astronomical images and installations.
- Astronomical calendars.
- Own production books & didactic units.
PARALAJES Women in AstronomyDate
Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics Books (Cambridge University Press)
Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics Books (Cambridge University Press)Date
On-line communications manual for researchers
The results of the research should also be open to the non-expert public. In this manual you will find the keys to communicate.Date
IAC Annual Report 2017 (short graphic version)
IAC Annual Report 2017 (short graphic version). Just in Spanish.Date