IACTEC is conceived as a space for public-private collaboration that promotes the development of high technology and the creation of a local business network. For this reason, the IACTEC building will accommodate both:
- The personnel attached to the Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands, which develops the lines of work of the IACTEC Project (the building's namesake) in collaboration with national and international entities.
- Non-profit entities collaborating with the IAC or members of consortiums that develop projects in which the IAC participates.
- Collaborators of the IAC that are integrated into the IATAE, Incubator of High Technology in Astrophysics and Space : commercial entities, non-profit entities and business initiatives  with
- innovative, technology-based and knowledge-intensive business projects,
- related to Astrophysics and Space and related technologies,
- that are of interest to the IAC,
- that are in the development phase,
- framed in a collaboration agreement between the IAC and the incubated entity, where its duration and the scope of the developments is limited, including and an expression of the will of the company approximately quantifying the resources to dedicate (in its case, economic and staff) to the project.
We invite all entities that wish to collaborate and join IATAE to contact us (info.iactec [at] iac.es) to study their proposal.
All the information related to affiliation to IATAE is included in the IATAE Management Regulations
 85% co-financed by the ERDF within the 2014-2020 Multi-regional Operational Program within Axis 3: "Improving the Competitiveness of SMEs", Thematic Objective 3: "Improving the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises", and the 3rd investment priority: "Promotion of entrepreneurship, in particular, facilitating the economic exploitation of new ideas, and promoting the creation of new companies, also through incubators"
 The recognition as collaborators of natural persons or groups of natural persons who access IATAE as entrepreneurs (“business initiatives”), will be conditioned to the obligation to establish themselves as a legal entity in a period to be defined in the agreement of collaboration, but in any case may not exceed two years.