IACTEC is an initiative born with the essential support of public and private bodies such as:
- The Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
- The Canarian Research, Development and Innovation Agency and Information Society (ACIISI).
- The Local Government (Cabildo) of Tenerife.
- The Science and Technology Park of Tenerife (PCTT).
- La Laguna Town Hall.
- The University of La Laguna (ULL).
- The University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC).
- The Spanish Science Industry Association (INEUSTAR).
IACTEC has a highly qualified team of professionals in the fields of engineering and science integrated within the structure of the IAC. It has the technical support of the Institute, particularly the Instrumentation Division, which has 30 years' technical knowledge in developing cutting-edge technology.
The "Área de Carreteras, Movilidad e Innovación" belonging to the Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, has financed the employment of IACTEC´s researchers in the programmes "Space", "Large Telescopes" and "Medical Technology" through the "IACTEC Technological Training" project. Financial budget comes from Fondo de Desarrollo de Canarias, in the frame of the Marco Estratégico de Desarrollo Insular (MEDI)2016-2025.
This project has as its aims to:
- Bring new technological skills to the IAC and its collaborative business environment in the market for advanced scientific instrumentation.
- Generate human resources in engineering to enable existing and newly created businesses to surge forward with the encouragement and help of IACTEC.
- Select first rate engineers and scientists of great development potential and train them as the first personnel integrated into IACTEC.
IACTEC is located in the new Science Park of La Laguna, close to the IAC and the University campuses of the city. It comprises a purpose-built headquarters that offer businesses a space of more than 4000 m2, equipped with infrastructure, including offices, meeting rooms, clean rooms, multipurpose laboratories, storage areas, computer rooms, common areas, and underground parking.
The building is integrated in a 30,000 m2 space, shared with another building for business and technological use ("Nanotec" of the ULL), and an urban park with sports facilities, children's play spaces and 13,000 m2 of green space.
Clicking this link a tutorial on how to reach IACTEC will be downloaded to your computer.
We would be delighted to receive consultations and suggestions from you. Our addresses are listed in the Staff Lists. For general queries, please e-mail info.iactec [at] iac.es
If you want to phone us, dial +34 922 605200