The LPIYA Group gathers communicators and representatives from every institution present at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory (ORM), with the objective of organising and coordinating public outreach activities related to the celebration of the International Year of Astronomy 2009 and Beyond, mainly on the island of La Palma (Canary Islands, Spain).
Our Pupils and the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory
The LPIYA Group and the schools on La Palma will work together to bring astronomy to every student aged 14-16, offering a talk, a workshop activity and a visit to one of the telescopes, all by an astronomer working at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory. This own project is called "Nuestros Alumnos y el Roque de los Muchachos", it starts in 2010 and it's a big joined effort of every user institution, involving more than 20 astronomers.
These are the members of the LPIYA Group:
- Círculo de Tránsitos Automáticos (CTA)
- Dutch Open Telescope (DOT)
- Gran Telescopio Canarias (GTC)
- Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC)
- Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes (ING)
- Liverpool Telescope (LT)
- MAGIC Telescopes
- Mercator Telescope (MT)
- Nordic Optical Telescope (NOT)
- Swedish Solar Telescope (SST)
- Telescope Nazionale Galileo (TNG)
- SuperWASP (SW)